BROWN BAG SEMINARS
Brown Bag Seminars (Environment 240, 1 unit, S/U grade) will bring trainees together weekly to conduct program advising and to coordinate program activities (e.g., social media production and outreach planning). Additionally, the seminars will include Career Development and Business and Entrepreneurship sessions. Trainees will discuss issues of science, technology, policy, economics, and laws in FEWS with local or traveling visitors from industry, academia, and government. All industry partners and both internal and external committee members will be invited to these seminars to make personal contact with our trainees and to discuss internships and career opportunities.
What will Trainees get out of these seminars?
- Holistic approach to graduate STEM education
- Continual program advising and networking opportunities
- Building career development skills and focusing their career goals so that coursework, projects, internships, etc. will be aligned with their goals
- Introduction to personal financial literacy training
- Introduction to, development and increasing knowledge of Business and Entrepreneurship principles: Intellectual Property, Conflict Resolution, Team building, Business Development, Contract Negotiations, and Fundraising
- Knowledge of sustainability at UCLA and outreach opportunities in the community
- Completion of diversity and workplace etiquette training; introduction to campus resources
- Understanding of policy and sustainability in the real world
- California NanoSystems Institute at UCLA (CNSI) Education
- Center for Education Innovation & Learning in the Sciences at UCLA (CEILS)
- Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI)
- UCLA Career Center Graduate Student Services
- UCLA Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- UCLA Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- UCLA Facilities Management
- UCLA Institute of the Environment and Sustainability Leaders in Sustainability (LIS)
- UCLA Technology Development Group (TDG)
interested in being a speaker or facilitator?
Contact the Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.